Top 10 Signs Your Son Is A Computer Hacker
I saw this on reddit.com and thought it was a joke. Apparently, there are well meaning but completely clueless parents that think that these are signs that your kid is a computer hacker:
1. Has your son asked you to change ISPs?
2. Are you finding programs on your computer that you don't remember installing?
3. Has your child asked for new hardware?
4. Does your child read hacking manuals?
DH: I especially liked this one..."There are, unfortunately, many hacking manuals available in bookshops today. A few titles to be on the lookout for are: "Snow Crash" and "Cryptonomicon" by Neal Stephenson; "Neuromancer" by William Gibson; "Programming with Perl" by Timothy O'Reilly; "Geeks" by Jon Katz; "The Hacker Crackdown" by Bruce Sterling; "Microserfs" by Douglas Coupland; "Hackers" by Steven Levy; and "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" by Eric S. Raymond.
If you find any of these hacking manuals in your child's possession, confiscate them immediately. You should also petition local booksellers to remove these titles from their shelves. You may meet with some resistance at first, but even booksellers have to bow to community pressure." hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
5. How much time does your child spend using the computer each day?
6. Does your son use Quake?
8. Is your son obsessed with "Lunix"?
9. Has your son radically changed his appearance?
10. Is your son struggling academically?
I encourage all parents to read through this guide carefully. Your child's future may depend upon it. Hacking is an illegal and dangerous activity, that may land your child in prison, and tear your family apart. It cannot be taken too seriously.
See the full article here. I am still shaking my head. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry... Where do these people come from?!?!